Rouen is the historic capital of Normandy, the birthplace of Impressionism! At the cathedral, you can see famous paintings by Claude Monet.
Not to be missed:
- Gros-Horloge clock
- Notre-Dame cathedral
- The timber-framed houses and pedestrian streets
- The antiques district
- Harbor activity and river tourism
- Museums: Fine Arts, Gros Horloge, Natural History, Ceramics, wrought-iron work at Ferronerie, Le Secq des Tournelles, Antiques, National Museum of Education, Joan of Arc, Flaubert, river and maritime museums
- Gothic churches: Saint-Ouen Abbey, Saint-Maclou, Saint-Patrice, Saint-Godard, Saint-Vivien
- Unusual sites: Aître Saint-Maclou (plague cemetery), Hôtel de Bourgtheroulde, Salle des Procureurs (prosecutors’ room) Surrounding region: the valley of the Seine and the Norman Abbeys, Giverny, Etretat.