It's a wrap! - Offshore Day 2022
The key C-level conference on offshore energy opportunities has ended on a very positive note. We were able to connect our participants with speakers from the energy, offshore and maritime industry.
What are the key takeways from the day? Find out below!
- Offshore energy can be combined with tidal and wave energy to increase our energy security
- We need to create standards for windparks in order to scale up fast.
- Opportunities, reliability and challenges in securing offshore supply
- Safety on offshore platforms should be considered during tenders. Companies should also aim for the best possible standards, instead of what is required.
- Connecting offshore with onshore, by creating energy islands and energy distribution hubs
What topic needs to be discussed next year? Let us know!
Keynote speakers 2022
- Kadri Simson, European Commissioner Energy
- Morten Dyrholm,Chairman Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) and Group Senior VP Vestas
- Jan Kjaersgaard, CEO Offshore Wind, GE
- Renske Ytsma, Director Offshore Wind Development Europe RWE Renewables
- Marco Kuijpers, Director Large Projects Offshore, TenneT TSO
- Aurelie Abiad, Managing Director, TotalEnergies EP Nederland
- Theodor Kockelkoren, Inspector General of Regulator, State Supervision of Mines in the Netherlands
- Roland Roesch, Deputy Director Innovation and Technology Center, IRENA
- Rémi Gruet, CEO, Ocean Energy Europe
- Prajeev Rasiah, Executive VP & Regional Director, Energy Systems - Northern Europe, DNV
- Peter Mann, CEO, Kistos
by moderator René Peters, Director Gas Technology, TNO
European agreement for 4x capacity of offshore wind
The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany and Belgium have reached an agreement to generate more offshore wind energy. The agreement will focus on increasing offshore wind capacity to 65GW in 2030 and 150GW in 2050.
An energy island on the North Sea can ensure our energy security and help us develop a green and sustainable economy. Next to the green electricity that will be generated, hydrogen will also be a big part of the total output from the energy island.
"The collaboration between the four countries is very important for us and Europe to generate more green energy and become less dependent of fossil fuels. With a total capacity of 150GW, we can ensure the energy needs of 200 million households" - Rob Jetten, Minister of Climate & Energy.
Theodor Kockelkoren, Inspector General State Supervisor of Mines
4 reasons why to attend Offshore Day 2023
- The premier event on the international Offshore energy developments
- Meet your C-level colleagues from the offshore energy industry
- The whole value chain together from governments, contractors, maritime sector and the EP's to connect in the transistion
- Thought leaders who share strategic visions and lessons learned, which are key elements for growing businesses
Jan Kjaersgaard, CEO Offshore Wind GE
Partner up and take the lead!
Our conferences are the perfect opportunity to set your company in the limelight. Treat the participants on the best coffee there is, or arrange the cocktail reception. Want to become a partner and let everybody know you are the expert in the offshore energy branche? Please contact us!