First confirmed speakers
- Matthew Baldwin, Deputy DG for Mobility and Transport European Commission
- Patrick Renard, CEO Knauf Belgium
- Hans Augusteijn, Global Head of Intermodal Maersk Group
- Jan Fransoo, PhD Professor for Operations Management and Logistics & Dean of Research Kuehne Logistics University
- Alain Lefebvre, CEO Ports de Lille
- Michael Henke, professor and director Enterprise Logistics Fraunhofer-Institut
- Luc d’Hondt, Manager European Transport Optimization Ahold Delhaize
- Prof. dr. Tom van Lier, research associate Mobi Research Centre University of Brussels
- Moderator: Alex Van Breedam, professor Antwerp Management School and CEO TRI-VIZOR
Connecting the flows: the way to smart logistics
During this conference we will address the current and future challenges on hinterland connections in Europe. 2018 is the European Year of multimodality. How can we boost multimodality in order to achieve smarter, greener and congestion free transport? Moderator Alex Van Breedam, professor in Antwerp and CEO TRI-VIZOR, will also be moderating the 2018 edition. We are currently working on making you an excellent program with high level speakers.
Host Port: Port of Brussels
Port of Brussel celebrates its 25th anniversary, that is why this 13th edition of the conference is in Brussels. We invite you to join us for the conference in the first radio studio's of Belgium, Flagey, in art deco style. You are also welcome to join the Port of Brussels for lunch and guided boat tour through the port on the second day of the conference.
'We will all profit from sharing data. It is absurd that we do not where containers are.'
- Mathieu Friedberg, CMA CGM
'The new Seine-Scheldt connection is an opportunity for France but we need logistics platforms along the river.'
- Alain Verna, ToshibaTec
'Losing one call of a big ship has a huge impact on smaller ports. Some 300.000- 400.000 TEU a year.'
- Theo Notteboom, Shanghai Maritime University